Meet Dr. Alvaro A. Ramos
Coming from a family of dentists and dental technicians, Dr. Ramos embarked on his dental journey at a young age. He is a Prosthodontist who harbors a profound passion for dentistry, a driving force behind his unwavering commitment to continuous learning and staying updated to the latest techniques and technologies. His area of expertise lies in the art of replacing teeth, with a focus on restoring both function and aesthetics to craft beautiful smiles.
Born and raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador, Dr. Ramos moved to Miami in 2016. He pursued his dental training and obtained his DDS degree at the Universidad de Guayaquil, in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Subsequently, he honed his skills through a rigorous three-year Prosthodontic residency at Universidad El Bosque in Bogota, Colombia. Further enriching his dental prowess, Dr. Ramos completed an AEGD Residency at John Dempsey Hospital – University of Connecticut in Farmington, Connecticut. He worked three years at the University of Illinois Chicago, where he served as a Clinical Assistant Professor, and provided dental care for his patients at the faculty dental practice.
It was during his dental residency at UConn that he serendipitously met his wife, Dr. Fernandez. Beyond his professional life, Dr. Ramos finds joy in traveling, culinary exploration, sampling new restaurants, and cherishing quality time with his wife, their beloved American bully, Vito, and cherished friends.
• Teaching Assistant in the propaedeutic preparatory course for dental school.
• DDS from Universidad de Guayaquil, Ecuador in 2008.
• Advanced training in Prosthodontics at Universidad El Bosque, Bogota – Colombia (2008 - 2012).
• AEGD certificate from UConn (2-year residency) in 2020.
• Clinical Assistant Professor at UIC College of Dentistry (2020 – 2023)
• The American College of Prosthodontists
• American Dental Association
• The Dental Society of Greater Orlando
• Florida Dental Association