Meet Dr. Scott Schmitt
The philosophy of this office is to deliver the highest quality dental services in an ethical, compassionate, and professional manner. Helping each unique patient through the proper therapy is what brings Dr. Schmitt joy, and drives his desire to continually produce excellence.
Dr. Schmitt is a Prosthodontist, with three additional years of speciality postgraduate training, specifically limited to crowns, bridges, veneers, dentures and implants. Dr. Schmitt focuses on the reconstruction and replacement of teeth with a focus on restoring the natural balance to the entire chewing system, both esthetically and functionally. In other words, he handles how the teeth look and also how the mouth functions as a whole.
Raised in Longwood, Dr. Schmitt is dedicated to serving the Orlando community in which he was raised. He and his wife Kim met at Lake Mary High School and have three children, Madeline, Julia and Charlie. He enjoys keeping fit both mentally and physically and pursues many active hobbies, including surfing, playing guitar, camping, and photography.
- Undergraduate studies at Duke University in Durham, NC. BS in Biology, 1992. Go Blue Devils!
- First in his class from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, earning his DMD (Dr. of Medical Dentistry) degree in 1996.
- Received award for Highest Academic Achievement from the American College of Prosthodontists
- Advanced training in Prosthodontics at University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
- Received Master of Science in Oral Biology & Certificate of Prosthodontics in 1999.
- The American College of Prosthodontists
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The Seattle Study Club
- The Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Dental Society of Greater Orlando
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- The International Team for Implantology (ITI)
- The Florida Dental Laboratory Association